IT’S TIME TO TALK ABOUT SUSTAINABILITY
So, what is Sustainability?
It has been suggested when considering sustainability, there is a formula covering all aspects of life that could be considered under the following headings
Sustainability is made up of three pillars:
These principles are also informally used as profit, people and planet
To be sustainable one should try to:
1 Assess what each person really needs
2 Reduce what one acquires
3 Look at opportunities to reuse, recycle or compost.
4 Where possible, manage resources to prevent harm to the environment, and ultimately regenerate the land and improve biodiversity
There are many examples of Sustainable Development
1. When planning buildings, consider the use of recycled materials or renewable resources
2. Consider building a new community in a previously undeveloped area without destroying the ecosystem or harming the environment
3. Care for the land where possible,
4. Derive electricity from renewable sources and water harvesting
5. Use Solar energy where possible and try to reduced energy use
With sustainability comes Environmental Responsibility. Some examples are.
1. Heat recycling,
2. Harvesting rainwater for irrigation
3. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
4. Where appropriate waste separation, reduction and recycling.
5. Aim to reduce pollution
6. Create harmony with nature
7. Responsible use of water and soil resources.
8. Implement crop management
9. Develop tree planting and nurturing and conservation of wildlife
We can all do our part.to achieve a better world. Starting today